Details for Benchmark: GG0403
N 36° 18.767 W 095° 37.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- V 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||auctnr couldn't find GG0403
I have to agree, it appears the road is much wider and the BM is gone
||MikeandRenn marked GG0403 as destroyed
While they were widening the road near here this BM was destroyed. I do not know where the cap went but it has been removed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT CLAREMORE. AT CLAREMORE, ROGERS COUNTY, ABOUT 124 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH END OF THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY STATION, 57 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 50 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THIRD STREET, 42 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 20, AND 1 FOOT SOUTH OF AN EAST-AND-WEST SIDEWALK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED V 17 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- 45 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF WICHITA AVE., ABOUT 42 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF WILL ROGERS AVE., AND ABOUT 1 FOOT SOUTH OF A LOW CONCRETE ARCH AT THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE SIDEWALK. THE MARK IS ABOUT 2 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1987 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1987 (TWS)
MARK NOT FOUND.
|08/13/1994 by LOCENG (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1994
LOCATED ON SOUTH CENTRAL JM DAVIS BOULEVARD AND WILL ROGERS BOULEVARD, IN CLAREMORE. STATION IS 60.2 FEET (18.3 M) EAST OF BURLINGTON NORTHERN RAILROAD TRACK CORNER LINE, 20.7 FEET (6.3 M) NORTHWEST OF A 14-INCH PINE TREE, 15.8 FEET (4.8 M) WEST OF A 4-INCH FLAG POLE AND 36.1 FEET (11.0 M) SOUTH OF CENTERLINE OF WILL ROGERS BOULEVARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.