Details for Benchmark: GG0404
N 36° 18.783 W 095° 37.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||auctnr couldn't find GG0404
It appears that this mark is gone as well as none of the area seems the same as description
[This entry was edited by auctnr on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 at 4:05:42 PM.]
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT CLAREMORE. AT CLAREMORE, ROGERS COUNTY, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THIRD STREET AND WICHITA AVENUE, ABOUT 56 YARDS EAST OF THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY MAIN TRACK, AT A FORD GARAGE AND FILLING STATION, AND IN THE FACE OF THE TOP COURSE OF THE FOUNDATION STONE OF THE SOUTH COLUMN. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 599 AND SET VERTICALLY. NOTE-- THIS BENCH MARK HAS BEEN PAINTED OVER SEVERAL TIMES. NOTE-- THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF TH CHRYSLER-PLYMOUTH GARAGE, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF WICHITA AND WILL ROGERS AVENUES AND IN THE TOP COURSE OF THE FOUNDATION STONE OF THE SOUTH COLUMN.
|09/13/1994 by LOCENG (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL ENGINEER (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1994
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.