Details for Benchmark: GG0406
N 36° 14.217 W 095° 41.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- X 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
6.5 MI SW FROM CLAREMORE. 6.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT CLAREMORE, ROGERS COUNTY, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTHEAST OF VERDIGRIS, ABOUT 4 POLES NORTHEAST OF THE VERDIGRIS STOCKYARDS, ABOUT 80 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 66, 39 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST TRACK, AND 6 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POLE. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED X 17 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- THE VERDIGRIS STOCKYARDS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND THE POLES HAVE BEEN MOVED SO IT WAS DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE THE DESCRIBED LOCATION.
|01/01/1962 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.