Details for Benchmark: GM0809
N 36° 18.147 W 105° 44.787 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In TAOS county, NM View Original Datasheet
- NEAR RIO VISTA
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954 (WRH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 12 MILES AIRLINE SOUTHWEST OF TAOS, ON THE WEST SIDE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 64.
THE MARK IS A COPPER WASHER AND PIN CEMENTED IN TOP OF A 2 INCH IRON PIPE WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE THE GROUND. THERE IS NO STAMPING ON THE MARK. IT IS 54 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DIRT ROAD, 2 FEET NORTH OF AN EAST-WEST FENCE LINE AND 245 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY. IT IS 355.095 FEET OR 108.233 METERS NORTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATION RIO VISTA. THE CENTER OF THE MARK WAS INTERSECTED.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in December 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.