Details for Benchmark: GM0837
N 36° 59.719 W 105° 59.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is LEVELING and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CONEJOS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- BOUNDARY MI COR 163 CO NM
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935 (WRP)
STATION IS LOCATED 6.1 MILES S OF ANTONIO, COLORADO ON COLORADO STATE HIGHWAY 163, ON THE COLORADO AND NEW MEXICO STATE BOUNDARY. 60-FEET E OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY, 43.7 FEET W OF (8-FOOT HIGH) SAND STONE POST. 68.3 FEET W OF W RAIL OF D. AND R.G.W. NARROW GAUGE RAILROAD.
STATION MARK IS A BRONZE DISK SET IN A ROUND CONCRETE POST 18 INCHES IN DIAMETER AND PROJECTS 14 INCHES. STAMPED THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES MILE CORNER NO. 163.
REFERENCE AND AZIMUTH MARKS ARE STANDARD BRONZE DISKS SET IN CONCRETE AS DESCRIBED.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS SSW OF THE STATION 119.63 FEET, 31 FEET W OF CENTER LINE OF COLORADO HIGHWAY 163. PROJECTS 4 INCHES.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS NNW OF THE STATION 107.63 FEET, 26 FEET W OF COLORADO HIGHWAY 163. PROJECTS 4 INCHES.
B.M. A-32 IS E OF THE STATION 55.995 FEET, 12.6 FEET W OF W RAIL OF D. AND R.G.W. RAILROAD 14 FEET ENE OF SANDSTONE BOUNDARY MARK. IT IS A STANDARD U.S.C. AND G.S. BENCH MARK DISK SET IN A BOULDER. STAMPED--A-32, 1933.
AZIMUTH MARK IS S OF THE STATION 0.25 MILE, 23 FEET W OF CENTER LINE OF COLORADO HIGHWAY 163, 93 FEET W OF CENTER LINE OF D. AND R.G.W. RAILROAD TRACKS. PROJECTS 3 INCHES.
A 4-FOOT STAND CLEARS ALL LINES.
|06/02/1991 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1991
STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 8 KM (5.0 MI) SOUTH OF ANTONITO, ALONG US HIGHWAY 285, ON THE COLORADO-NEW MEXICO BORDER, IN SOUTHWEST 1/4 OF SECTION 21, T 32 N, R 9 E. OWNERSHIP--BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BORDER. TO REACH FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 285 AND STATE HIGHWAY 17 ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF ANTONITO, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 285 FOR 5.35 MI (8.61 KM) TO THE STATE BORDER AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. STATION MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 40-CM ROUND CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 30 CM ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE BORDER FENCE. IT IS ABOUT 40 M (131.2 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE HIGHWAY, 18.6 M (61.0 FT) EAST OF A T-FENCE CORNER, 13.3 M (43.6 FT) WEST-SOUTHWEST OF A 2 M (6.6 FT) HIGH OBELISK, 0.2 M (0.7 FT) SOUTH OF THE FENCE AND 0.4 M (1.3 FT) EAST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. DESCRIBED BY G.R.HEID
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in May 1992.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling. The vertical network tie was performed by a horz. field party for horz. obs reductions. Reset procedures were used to establish the elevation.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.