Details for Benchmark: GN0004
N 36° 59.683 W 106° 09.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In RIO ARRIBA county, NM View Original Datasheet
- STATE LINE CORNER 172
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USSC (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
15.8 MI SW FROM ANTONITO, COLORADO. IN RIO ARRIBA COUNTY, NEW MEXICO, 15.8 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM ANTONITO, CONEJOS COUNTY, COLORADO, AT BIG HORN, AT UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT COLORADO-NEW MEXICO STATE LINE CORNER 172, 170 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SECTION HOUSE, 135 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AND 40 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A WAGON ROAD. A UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT STANDARD DISK, SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.