Details for Benchmark: GN0007
N 36° 59.267 W 106° 13.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TAOS county, NM View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1920 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
24.8 MI W FROM ANTONITO, COLORADO. IN TAOS COUNTY, NEW MEXICO, 24.8 MILES WEST ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM ANTONITO, CONEJOS COUNTY, COLORADO, 1 MILE EAST OF THE SECTION HOUSE AND WATER TANK AT SUBLETTE, 6 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 305, AND 14 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD CAP, STAMPED 9231 1920 AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 3-1/2-INCH IRON PIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code B indicates a distribution rate of 1.1 thru 2.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.