Details for Benchmark: GP0056
N 36° 24.750 W 110° 50.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- S 49
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1970 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1970
8.3 MI NE FROM TONALEA. 8.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HWY. 164 FROM TONALEA, COCONINO COUNTY, 1.6 MILE SOUTHWEST OF COW SPRINGS TRADING POST (LOCATED ON HWY) ALONG U.S. HWY 164, THENCE NORTHWEST ON DIRT ROAD 0.3 MILE, THENCE NORTHEAST ON A USED SEGMONT OF THE OLD TUBA CITY-KAYENTA DIRT ROAD 0.5 MILE TO A BUILDING (NOW A RESIDENCE) THAT FORMERLY WAS THE COW SPRINGS (BEGASHIBITE) TRADING POST, MARK IS 268 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 107 FEET NORTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF ROAD, 39 FEET EAST OF AN ARROYE, IN THE TOP OF A LARGE SANDSTONE OUTCROP AND 16 FEET EAST OF THE WEST EDGE.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.