Details for Benchmark: GP0110
N 36° 54.883 W 111° 29.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 402
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3.3 MI S FROM PAGE. ABOUT 2.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE NORTHEAST END OF THE GLEN CANYON BRIDGE AT PAGE, ARIZONA. THENCE 1.0 MILE WEST ALONG AN ASPHALT ROAD LEADING TO THE GLEN CANYON DAM POWERPLANT, AT THE SOUTH-SOUTHWEST PORTAL OF THE POWERPLANT EXCESS TUNNEL, 13 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TUNNEL, 2.7 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THE ARCHWAY OF THE PORTAL, ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, AND SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTHWEST FACE OF THE CONCRETE PORTAL ARCHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.