Details for Benchmark: GP0148
N 36° 09.167 W 111° 07.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- G 50
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
6.9 MI NE FROM TUBA CITY. 6.9 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE OLD TONALEA ROAD FROM TUBA CITY, COCONINO COUNTY, 7-1/2 POLES NORTHEAST OF A SHARP ANGLE IN A ROW OF POLES, 25 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, AND IN LINE WITH THE ROW OF POLES. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 50 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- TUBA CITY, JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 164 AND STATE HIGHWAY 264. 5.8 MILES NORTHEAST OF ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 164. 0.4 MILE NORTHEAST OF A URANIUM MILL (NO LONGER USED AS SUCH). 4 1/2 POLES SOUTHWEST OF AN ANGLE IN A ROW OF POLES. 550 FT. NORTHWEST OF CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY. 134 FT. WEST OF A TRACK ROAD INTERSECTION. 38 FT. SOUTHEAST OF TRACK ROAD GOING INTO A BORROW PIT. IN LINE WITH A ROW OF POLES. SET IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FT., A USC AND GS BENCH MARK STAMPED G 50 1934.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.