Details for Benchmark: GP0156
N 36° 05.533 W 111° 17.700 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- GAGING STATION RM
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
4.9 MI SW FROM TUBA CITY. 4.9 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE CAMERON ROAD FROM TUBA CITY, COCONINO COUNTY, AT THE NORTH END OF A STEEL BRIDGE OVER MOENKOPI WASH, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 7 INCHES FROM THE EAST END, AND 4 INCHES FROM THE NORTH FACE OF THE ABUTMENT. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD REFERENCE-MARK DISK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.