Details for Benchmark: GP0182
N 36° 30.433 W 111° 35.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- A 7
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1921 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
10.7 MI S FROM BITTER SPRINGS. ABOUT 10.7 MILES SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE CHEVRON SERVICE STATION AT BITTER SPRINGS, 187 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST HEADWALL OF A 24-INCH METAL CULVERT, 84 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 15 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 4.4 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF ROCK OUTCROP PROJECTING 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1978 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1978
CHANGE PRIMARY REFERENCE TO-- JCT. OF US HWY 89 AND ALT. 89 AT BITTER SPRINGS. 10.5 MILES S. ALONG US 89. THE TRADING POST HAS BEEN MOVED 0.3 MILES S. AND ROAD JCT. IS A BETTER REF. REMAINDER OF DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 16.25 KM (10.15 MI) SOUTH ALONG US HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE JUNCTION OF US HIGHWAY 89 ALTERNATE IN BITTER SPRINGS, IN TOP OF AND 1.8 METERS (6 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST AND BOTTOM EDGE OF A MASSIVE PORTION OF LIMESTONE OUTCROP ON THE NORTHEAST SLOPE OF A HILL, 0.2 KM (0.12 MI) SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 514, 25.6 METERS (84 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY CENTERLINE, 57.0 METERS (187 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF A 24-INCH CORRUGATED METAL PIPE CULVERT, 38.7 METERS (127 FT) NORTHWEST OF A BRACED FENCE POST IN THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE, 4.5 METERS (15 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE RIGHT OF WAY FENCE. THE MARK IS 1.4 METERS SW FROM A WITNESS POST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.