Details for Benchmark: GP0208
N 36° 41.467 W 111° 39.300 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- G 404
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
3.9 MI N FROM BITTER SPRINGS. ABOUT 3.9 MILES NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 A FROM THE CHEVRON SERVICE STATION AT BITTER SPRINGS, 0.1 MILE SOUTH OF A CONCRETE HIGHWAY BRIDGE, 163 FEET WEST OF HIGHWAY MILEPOST NUMBER 528, 142 FEET NORTHEAST OF AN OLD CONCRETE HIGHWAY MARKER, 135 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 20 FEET WEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A ROCK OUTCROP FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|01/01/1978 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1978
CHANGE PRIMARY REFERENCE TO-- JCT. US HWY 89 AND ALT 89 NEAR BITTER SPRING, 4.1 MILES N. OF ALONG ALT 89. CHEVRON SERVICE STATION HAS BEEN REMOVED. REMAINDER OF DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code C indicates a distribution rate of 2.1 thru 3.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.