Details for Benchmark: GP0255
N 36° 43.800 W 111° 45.567 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- C 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
9.7 MI SW FROM MARBLE CANYON. 9.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARBLE CANYON, COCONINO COUNTY, 290 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A DOUBLE 54-INCH CORRUGATED-IRON PIPE CULVERT, 125 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, IN THE TOP OF A LIMESTONE BOULDER, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED C 51 1934.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.