Details for Benchmark: GP0265
N 36° 41.017 W 111° 50.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- E 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
15.5 MI SW FROM MARBLE CANYON. 15.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARBLE CANYON, COCONINO COUNTY, 70 YARDS NORTHEAST OF TWO LARGE CONCRETE PLATFORMS NEARLY FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 40 FEET WEST OF THE END OF A SMALL CUT, 64 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, IN THE TOP OF A GRAY SANDSTONE OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 51 1934. NOTE-- IT WAS REPORTED AT THAT TIME THAT THERE HAS BEEN CONSIDERABLE ROAD WORK IN THIS LOCALITY.
|01/01/1954 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.