Details for Benchmark: GP0457
N 36° 12.200 W 111° 03.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- E 506
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
18.7 KM (11.6 MI) NE FROM TUBA CITY. 18.7 KM (11.6 MI) NORTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 160 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 264 IN TUBA CITY, 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) NORTHEAST OF MILEPOST 333, AND 30.8 METERS (101.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE=ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP. THE MARK IS 0.3 METERS NW FROM A WITNESS POST AND FENCE THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.