Details for Benchmark: GP0507
N 36° 57.819 W 111° 30.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1983 (GH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 4-1/2 MILES NORTHWEST OF PAGE ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89.
THE STATION MARK IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---SCENIC 1983---. IT IS 96 FEET SOUTHWEST OF U.S. 89 AND 3 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---SCENIC RM 1 1983---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---SCENIC RM 2 1983---. IT IS SET IN TOP OF A 10 INCH CONCRETE MONUMENT.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN PAGE TRAVEL NORTH ALONG ELM STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO LAKE POWELL BLVD. TURNLEFT ALONG LAKE POWELL BLVD FOR 1.2 MILES TO THE JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 89. TURN RIGHT ALONG U.S. 89 AND TRAVEL NORTH FOR 3.9 MILES TO THE TOP OF THE RIDGE AND STATION ON THE LEFT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.