Details for Benchmark: GP0510
N 36° 22.422 W 111° 30.979 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by AZDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1983 (GH)
THE STATION IS LOCATED 35 MILES NORTHWEST OF CAMERON, 1-1/2 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CEDAR RIDGE AND ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89.
THE STATION MARK IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---TRADE 1983---. IT IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN AN OUTCROP OF BEDROCK 174 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY AND 74 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE HIGHWAY FENCE.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---TRADE RM 1 1983---. IT IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN BEDROCK.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS AN AZDT DISK STAMPED---TRADE RM 2 1983---. IT IS SET IN A DRILL HOLE IN BEDROCK.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE POST OFFICE IN PAGE TRAVEL NORTH ALONG ELM STREET FOR 0.1 MILE TO LAKE POWELL BLVD. TURN LEFT FOR 1.2 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 89 AND 89L. TURN LEFT ALONG U.S. 89 FOR 24.5 MILES TO THE JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 89 AND 89 ALT. TURN LEFT AND CONTINUE SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FOR 18.8 MILES TO CEDAR RIDGE, CONTINUE SOUTH ALONG U.S. 89 FOR 1.4 MILES TO MILE POST 503.85 AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT THE HIGH POINT OF THE RIDGE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.