Details for Benchmark: GP0513
N 36° 20.496 W 111° 47.436 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
LOCATED ABOUT 8.5 MI SSW. OF SHINUMO ALTAR BUTTE, 15 MI WSW. OF CEDAR RIDGE TRADING POST, 4.5 MI E. OF COLORADO RIVER. ON LOW RIDGE BETWEEN TWO NORTH FLOWING DRAINS.
TO REACH FROM CEDAR RIDGE TRADING POST ON U.S. HWY. 89, DRIVE 5.1 MI W. ON MAIN-TRAVELED DIRT RD. TO RESERVOIR. CONTINUE 2.1 MI W. TO RD. FORKS. TAKE LEFT FORK AND DRIVE 1.6 MI TO RD. FORKS. TAKE RIGHT FORK AND GO 0.6 MI W. TO DIM TRAIL FORK LEADING SW. FOLLOW DIM TRAIL 4.1 MI CROSS-COUNTRY AND UP INTO NORTH FLOWING DRAIN. GO 0.25 MI E. TO TOP OF RIDGE AND STATION.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---ALT 1953---, CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK OUTCROP.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---1---, CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK OUTCROP.
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER STAMPED---2---, CEMENTED IN SOLID ROCK OUTCROP.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.