Details for Benchmark: GP0536
N 36° 28.924 W 111° 49.812 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1953 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
LOCATED ABOUT 7 MI WNW. OF SHINUMO ALTAR BUTTE, 1 MI E. OF COLORADO RIVER. NEAR EAST RIM OF COLORADO RIVER.
TO REACH FROM CEDAR RIDGE TRADING POST ON U.S. HWY. 89, DRIVE 5.1 MI W. ON MAIN-TRAVELED DIRT RD. TO RESERVOIR. CONTINUE 2.1 MI W. TO RD. FORKS. TAKE RIGHT FORK 2.9 MI TO INDIAN HOGANS, CONTINUE 10.6 MI PASSING SOUTH END OF SHINUMO ALTAR BUTTE TO T-RD. N., CONTINUE STRAIGHT AHEAD 0.7 MI W. TO T-RD. S. TAKE RD. 1 MI S. TO RD. FORKS, 170 FT W. OF RD. FORKS.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---RIM 1953---, CEMENTED IN LARGE STONE BURIED FLUSH WITH GROUND.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER CEMENTED IN LARGE STONE BURIED FLUSH WITH GROUND.
RM 2--STANDARD RM TABLET STAMPED---NO 2---, CEMENTED IN LARGE STONE BURIED FLUSH WITH GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.