Details for Benchmark: GP0572
N 36° 55.420 W 111° 26.949 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- PAGE MUN AIRPORT BEACON
- Marker Type:
- airport beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (LGB)
THE STATION IS A 4-LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE, PAINTED ALTERNATELY RED AND WHITE, APPROXIMATELY 60 FEET HIGH. IT IS LOCATED AT THE MUNICIPAL AIRPORT AT PAGE, ARIZONA, 246 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE MAIN HANGAR AND ABOUT 300 FEET WEST OF THE MAIN NORTH-SOUTH RUNWAY.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE FROM THE DETERMINED CENTER OF THE TOWER TO TRAINGULATION STATION PAGEAIR, THE DISTANCE BEING 0.133 METERS WEST OF STATION PAGEAIR.
- This mark is at Page Municipal Airport (PGA)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.