Details for Benchmark: GP0621
N 36° 41.751 W 111° 48.549 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934 (CP)
ABOUT 13.7 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM HOUSE ROCK, 51.5 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER OF HIGHWAY, MIDWAY OF TWO IRON CULVERTS, AND ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHEAST OF WEST END OF PARIA PLATEAU.
REACHED BY TAKING U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM KANAB EAST TO HOUSE ROCK 51 MILES, AND CONTINUING EAST FOR 13.7 MILES TO STATION.
AZIMUTH MARK IS IN A LARGE BOULDER ABOUT 180 YARDS NORTH OF STATION ON NORTH SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY.
USBM 4602.7 IS A SQUARE CUT IN TOP OF SANDSTONE BOULDER, PAINTED WHITE, PAINTED 4602.7.
SURFACE AND REFERENCE MARKS NOS. 1 AND 2 ARE SET AS DESCRIBE THERE IS NO UNDERGROUND MARK.
|01/01/1953 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1953
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.