Details for Benchmark: GQ0024
N 36° 42.800 W 112° 12.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- U 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||southpawaz couldn't find GQ0024
Made a brief search for U 51 but with the road widening for additional turn lanes and utilities installed along the east side of the highway, it appears that the mark has been lost.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.1 MI N FROM JACOB LAKE. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM JACOB LAKE, COCONINO COUNTY, 35 FEET SOUTH OF A 2-FOOT CAST-IRON PIPE CULVERT WITH ROCK HEADWALLS, 25 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED U 51 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1984 by LOCSUR (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY LOCAL SURVEYOR (INDIVIDUAL OR FIRM) 1984 (JLD)
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.