Details for Benchmark: GQ0034
N 36° 50.767 W 112° 16.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- B 52
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
17.0 MI SE FROM FREDONIA. 17.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM FREDONIA, COCONINO COUNTY, 1.0 MILE NORTHEAST OF A CATTLE GUARD AND FENCE ON THE WEST BOUNDARY OF THE KAIBAB NATIONAL FOREST, 71 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 2-FOOT IRON-PIPE CULVERT, 61 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, ON THE EAST EDGE OF A RAVINE, AND IN THE TOP OF A LIMESTONE OUTCROP. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 52 1934.
|1/1/1966 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.