Details for Benchmark: GQ0039
N 36° 54.167 W 112° 21.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- F 52
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Me & Bucky found GQ0039
N 36° 54.203 W 112° 21.626
Bench Mark F 52 was recovered as described, in good condition. A new To Reach follows:
From Milepost 598.55 on U.S. Highway 89A, at a 5000' elevation sign, take the two track road off of the highway north 0.05 mile to the gate in the highway fence, thence North-northwest 1.0 mile along the track road to the station on the left. The witness post for this mark is visible from Triangulation Station RYAN.
[Photos:]GQ0039 20060509 G (Coconino Co, AZ)
Bench Mark F 52 w/GPSr.
GQ0039 20060509 C (Coconino Co, AZ)
Bench Mark F 52.
GQ0039 20060509 B (Coconino Co, AZ)
Bench Mark F 52 from Eye Level.
GQ0039 20060509 A1 S (Coconino Co, AZ)
South at Bench Mark F 52.
GQ0039 20060509 A2 SE (Coconino Co, AZ)
Southeast at Bench Mark F 52.
||2oldfarts (the rockhounders) found GQ0039
Recovered as described along old Hwy 89. New orange witness post.
[Photos:]F 52 East of Fredonia, AZ
F 52 looking east
F 52 looking southwest
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
10.3 MI E FROM FREDONIA. 10.3 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 89 FROM FREDONIA, COCONINO COUNTY, ON THE OLD HIGHWAY, 35 YARDS SOUTHWEST OF A LARGE SIGN PARRYS LODGE, AND 24 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 52 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. NOTE-- 8.9 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG US ROUTE 89 FROM FREDONIA COURTHOUSE, THEN 1.3 MILES EAST ALONG OLD HIGHWAY (ABANDONED) TO CURVE TO THE SOUTH. SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND ABOUT 20 FEET SOUTH OF CENTERLINE OF OLD HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.