Details for Benchmark: GQ0040
N 36° 54.300 W 112° 23.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- G 52
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1954
8.2 MI E FROM FREDONIS. 8.5 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG US ROUTE 89 FROM FREDONIA COURTHOUSE. 725 FEET WEST OF INTERSECTION OF HIGHWAY AND ABAONDONED HIGHWAY. 61 FEET SOUTH OF OLD HIGHWAY, 20 FEET NORTH OF DRY WASH. SET IN LIMESTONE OUTCROP FLUSH WITH THE GROUND AND ABOUT 10 FEET LOWER THAN OLD HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.