Details for Benchmark: GQ0057
N 36° 02.050 W 112° 04.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- U 61
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
4.2 MI E FROM GRAND CANYON. 4.2 MI EAST ON HWY NO. 64. FROM EL TOVAR HOTEL 179 FEET SOUTH OF A ROAD BEARING NORTH MARKED BRIDLE TRAIL SHOSHONE POINT 1 MILE 152 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 175 FEET SOUTH OF A N.P.S.SIGN MARKED BE CAREFUL WITH FIRE AND 156 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A 2 FOOT G.I. CULVERT, AND 3 1/2 FEET NORTH OF A SMALL ROCK MOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.