Details for Benchmark: GQ0294
N 36° 03.332 W 112° 08.438 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In COCONINO county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- GRAND CANYON POWER PLANT STACK
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|01/01/1953 by FAS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY FAIRCHILD AERIAL SURVEYS 1953 (GCS)
STATION IS LOCATED IN GRAND CANYON. IT IS THE LARGE SMOKESTACK ON THE S SIDE OF THE POWERHOUSE IN GRAND CANYON VILLAGE.
|01/01/1955 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955 (LFW)
THIS INTERSECTION STATION IS THE GRAY BRIDK STACK AT THE GRAND CANYON VILLAGE POWER PLANT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.