Details for Benchmark: GR0069
N 36° 45.233 W 114° 15.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- G 51
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
10.3 MI W FROM BUNKERVILLE. 10.1 MILES WEST ALONG U. S. HIGHWAY 91 FROM BUNKERVILLE, CLARK COUNTY, 0.2 MILE WEST OF THE SUMMIT OF THE GRADE AT THE EAST EDGE OF MORMON MESA, 100 FEET WEST OF THE WEST END OF A CURVE, 60 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A HIGHWAY RIGHT-OF-WAY SIGN, AND 3 FEET NORTH OF A 5-INCH TRIANGULAR CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED G 51 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.