Details for Benchmark: GR0369
N 36° 00.317 W 114° 05.150 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- L 126
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
10.8 MI S FROM PIERCES FERRY. 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG THE GRAVELED PARK SERVICE ROAD FROM THE RANGER STATION AT PIERCES FERRY, THENCE 10.3 MILES SOUTH ALONG AN OLD ABANDONED ROAD, 0.1 MILE WEST OF A 36-INCH CORRUGATED METAL PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE PARK SERVICE ROAD, IN THE TOP OF A GRANITE BOULDER, ABOUT 65 YARDS SOUTH OF THE TOP OF AN EAST-WEST RIDGE, 60 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF A CURVE IN THE ROAD, 15 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.