Details for Benchmark: GR1641
N 36° 02.842 W 114° 08.644 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- N 135
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1948
LOCATED ABOUT 1.6 MI N. OF N.P.S. LIGHT BASE ON ROCKY POINT. ON STEEP, ROCKY SIDEHILL ON BROAD, ROUND POINT, ABOUT 5 FT. BELOW HIGH WATER MARK.
TO REACH NOT GIVEN.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---N135 1948---, CEMENTED IN BEDROCK.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.