Details for Benchmark: GT0931
N 36° 18.767 W 119° 39.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 511
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT HANFORD. AT HANFORD, 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG 8TH STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE, THENCE 1.0 MILE SOUTH ALONG IRWIN STREET, THENCE 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG HANFORD-ARMONA AVENUE, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 11TH AVENUE, 58.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF HANFORD-ARMONA AVENUE, 21.8 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF 11TH AVENUE, 2.8 FEET WEST OF A FENCE ENCLOSING THE PACIFIC GAS AND ELECTRIC COMPANY HANFORD SUB-STATION, 1.7 FEET SOUTH OF A POWER LINE POLE, 1.4 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE AVENUES, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.