Details for Benchmark: GT0948
N 36° 20.533 W 119° 39.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Q 511
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||Kewaneh & Shark couldn't find GT0948
MARK NOT FOUND.
Searched for it on February 21, 2009. The benchmark was not located and believed to be destroyed. Grangeville Boulevard has been widened since 1955. The mark would have most likely been removed during the widening. The described fire hydrant has been relocated. The Chevron station remains on the southwest corner.
No new coordinates were taken.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1955 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT HANFORD. AT HANFORD, 1.0 MILE NORTH ALONG DOUTY STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE, THENCE 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG GRANGEVILLE BOULEVARD, 1.0 MILE EAST OF BENCH MARK P 511, AT THE INTERSECTION OF 11TH AVENUE, 139.3 FEET WEST OF THE WEST CURB OF THE AVENUE, 28.1 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A DRIVEWAY LEADING INTO A CHEVRON GASOLINE STATION, 5.7 FEET EAST OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 2.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF THE BOULEVARD, FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.