Details for Benchmark: GT0955
N 36° 19.450 W 119° 39.083 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 157
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1955 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1955
AT HANFORD. AT HANFORD, AT THE CROSSING OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY AND WEST 6TH STREET, 1 BLOCK SOUTH OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY STATION, AT THE OFFICE BUILDING OF THE HANFORD ICE COMPANY, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH BRICK WALL, 64.2 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 46 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 2.2 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 2.1 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. IN SECTION 36, T18S, R21E.
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.