Details for Benchmark: GT0959
N 36° 19.667 W 119° 39.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- P 999
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT HANFORD. AT HANFORD, 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG LACEY BOULEVARD FROM THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF LACY BOULEVARD AND 11TH AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF WATER MAINS WITH A STEEL COVER, 42 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE BOULEVARD, 66 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A FIRE HYDRANT, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE BOULEVARD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.