Details for Benchmark: GT0960
N 36° 19.667 W 119° 39.917 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- S 157
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.2 MI W FROM HANFORD. 1.2 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 198 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT HANFORD, AT THE KINGS COUNTY HOSPITAL, 133.4 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE MAIN BUILDING, 71 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE DRIVEWAY LEADING TO HOSPITAL GROUNDS, 38.6 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 15.2 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 3-FOOT CONCRETE STANDPIPE, 2 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 1.4 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. IN SECTION 26, T18S, R21E.
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1973 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1973
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.