Details for Benchmark: GT1981
N 36° 19.730 W 119° 39.909 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In KINGS county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HANFORD KINGS COUNTY HOSP TANK
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944 (JCS)
STATION IS LOCATED 1 MILE W OF THE CITY OF HANFORD, AT THE KINGS COUNTY HOSPITAL, AND AT THE NW CORNER OF THE BUILDINGS. IT IS 250 FEET N OF STATE HIGHWAY 198, AND IT IS A SILVER-COLORED, ELEVATED, STEEL WATER TANK ABOUT 80 FEET HIGH. ITS APEX WAS THE POINT OF INTERSECTION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in March 1994. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.