Details for Benchmark: GU0212
N 36° 46.650 W 120° 43.417 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRESNO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- G 1074
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1967 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1975 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1975
17.2 MI S FROM SOUTH DOS PALOS. 13.4 MILES SOUTH ALONG RUSSELL AVENUE FROM THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD STATION AT SOUTH DOS PALOS, THENCE 3.75 MILES WEST ALONG SHIELDS AVENUE, 16 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE AVENUE, IN THE TOP OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE GUARDRAIL OF SHIELDS AVENUE OVERPASS 42.253 OVER INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 5, 1.2 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE GUARDRAIL, AND ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE AVENUE. SEC 24, T13S, R 11E.
|11/25/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.