Details for Benchmark: GU3210
N 36° 39.883 W 121° 48.900 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MONTEREY county, CA View Original Datasheet
- G 1320
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
1.6 MI SOUTH FROM MARINA. 1.6 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT MARINA, 1.5 MILES NORTH FROM AN OVERPASS, AT A CATCH BASIN ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE RAILROAD TRACKS, 23 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL, AND 26 FEET WEST OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE.
|12/15/1988 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1988
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.