Details for Benchmark: GV5968
N 37° 11.378 W 076° 29.260 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In YORK county, VA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1988 by BSC (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY THE BSC GROUP, INCORPORATED 1988
THE STATION IS A 3.25 INCH DISK SET IN CONCRETE, APPROXIMATELY 0.05 M (0.2 FT) BELOW THE GROUND LEVEL. IT IS LOCATED AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF ROUTES 17 (GEORGE WASHINGTON HIGHWAY) AND 105 (FORT EUSTIS BOULEVARD), 3.35 M (11.0 FT) NORTH OF A CONCRETE VDH MONUMENT, 8.53 M (28.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WOOD POST SUPPORTING A YIELD SIGN. LOCATION OF THE REFERENCE MARKS RELATIVE TO THE MAIN STATION BEARING DISTANCE RM 1 S28 40 23E 67.30 M (220.8 FT) RM 2 N65 44 42E 20.17 M (66.2 FT) RM 3 S78 56 19W 54.74 M (179.6 FT) STATION 058 N23 50 04W 801.21 M (2628.6 FT) REFERENCE MARK NO. 1 IS A 2 INCH DISK IN CONCRETE APPROXIMATELY 0.08 M (0.3 FT) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS STAMPED REFERENCE MARK NO. 1. IT IS LOCATED 9.91 M (32.5 FT) WEST OF THE WEST EDGE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF ROUTE 17, 5.94 M (19.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE SOUTH END OF A CONCRETE CULVERT PIPE. REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS A 2 INCH DISK IN CONCRETE APPROXIMATELY 0.10 M (0.3 FT) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS STAMPED REFERENCE MARK NO. 2. IT IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTHERN GRASS MEDIAN AT THE INTERSECTION OF ROUTES 17 AND 105, 16.46 M (54.0 FT) SOUTH OF A METAL TRAFFIC CONTROL POLE, 1.22 M (4.0 FT) EAST OF THE EAST EDGE OF THE SOUTHBOUND LANES OF ROUTE 17. REFERENCE MARK NO. 3 IS A 2 INCH DISK IN CONCRETE APPROXIMATELY 0.05 M (0.2 FT) BELOW THE GROUND SURFACE. IT IS STAMPED REFERENCE MARK NO. 3. IT IS LOCATED 3.96 M (13.0 FT) EAST OF THE SOUTH POST OF A 2.44 M (8.0 FT) WIDE ROUTE SIGN, 0.61 M (2.0 FT) SOUTH OF A CONCRETE VDH MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in September 1995.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.