Details for Benchmark: GW2392
N 37° 23.383 W 079° 54.033 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BOTETOURT county, VA View Original Datasheet
- W 368 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1987 by VADHT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY VA DEPT HWYS-TRANSP 1987
3.9 KM (2.45 MI) SW FROM TROUTVILLE. 2.45 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 11, FROM THE POST OFFICE IN TROUTVILLE, 0.2 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 11 FROM JUNCTION OF ROUTE 11 AND ROUTE 220, 50 FEET EAST OF CENTER OF HIGHWAY, IN TOP OF SOUTHEAST HEADWALL OF BOX CULVERT, AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.