Details for Benchmark: GZ0283
N 37° 28.533 W 084° 15.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROCKCASTLE county, KY View Original Datasheet
- TT 44 EV
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
8.2 MI SE FROM BEREA. ABOUT 4.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG SCAFFOLD CANE PIKE FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH U.S. HIGHWAY 25 AND BOONE TAVERN AT BEREA, THENCE ABOUT 2.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING TO DISPUTANTA, THENCE ABOUT 1.25 MILES SOUTH ALONG CLEAR CREEK ROAD, ABOUT 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE JUNCTION OF A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING EAST TO CLIMAX, 18 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 69 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST PORCH CORNER OF A FARM HOUSE, 1 1/2 FEET NORTH OF YARD FENCE, 5 FEET WEST OF WEST GATE POST OF FOOT PATH GATE TO FARM HOUSE, ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE ROAD AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 1 INCH.
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.