Details for Benchmark: HB0975
N 37° 18.367 W 089° 31.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE GIRARDEAU county, MO View Original Datasheet
- PTS 1
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1920 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1934 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT CAPE GIRARDEAU. AT CAPE GIRARDEAU, CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY, AT THE BROADWAY ENTRANCE TO THE POST OFFICE, AT THE TOP OF THE STEPS, AND IN A GRANITE BLOCK AT THE EAST END. A U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 408.582 FT PRIM TRAV STA NO 1 MO 1920.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.