Details for Benchmark: HB0983
N 37° 17.500 W 089° 31.450 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CAPE GIRARDEAU county, MO View Original Datasheet
- N 12
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
0.9 MI S FROM CAPE GIRARDEAU. 0.9 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT CAPE GIRARDEAU, CAPE GIRARDEAU COUNTY, 45 YARDS NORTHWEST OF SEMAPHORE 1325, 110 FEET NORTH OF A CROSSING WARNING SIGN, 72 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF SOUTH FOUNTAIN AND ELM STREETS, 45 FEET WEST OF THE WEST TRACK, 12 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SOUTH FOUNTAIN STREET, AND JUST WEST OF THE CURB. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 351.282 N 12 1932 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE CURB.
|01/01/1981 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1981
IN CAPE GIRARDEAU AT THE INTERSECTION OF ELM STREET AND FOUNTAIN STREET IN THE WEST CURB OF FOUNTAIN STREET, 22.86 METERS (75.0 FEET) NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF ELM STREET, 3.66 METERS (12.0 FEET) WEST OF CENTER LINE OF FOUNTAIN STREET. THE MARK IS 0.25 M ABOVE THE STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.