Details for Benchmark: HC0239
N 37° 09.250 W 090° 41.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- PTS 58
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1925 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT PIEDMONT. AT PIEDMONT, ON THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD, 45 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE AMERICAN HOTEL, AND IN THE TOP OF THE CONCRETE PORCH. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED PRIM TRAV STA NO 58 F 1924 W 1925.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.