Details for Benchmark: HC1004
N 37° 07.843 W 090° 41.352 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1962 (VBM)
LOCATED ABOUT 2 MILES SOUTH OF THE CENTER OF PIEDMONT, IN THE SE 1/4 OF SEC. 2, T-28-N, R-3-E, AND ON CITY PROPERTY. IT IS 56 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 34, 36 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE PIEDMONT CITY GARBAGE DUMP, 5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A POWER POLE AND A WITNESS POST, AND 4 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 2 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED PIEDMONT 1962.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 34 AND COUNTY ROAD H AT THE SOUTHWEST EDGE OF PIEDMONT, GO SOUTH ON HIGHWAY 34 FOR 1.15 MILES TO THE CITY DUMP AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS 27 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A DRIVEWAY, 1 FOOT EAST OF A FENCE AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF A POWER POLE. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 3 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED PIEDMONT NO 1 1962.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS 38 FEET WEST OF THE POWER POLE AND WITNESS POST AND 1 FOOT EAST OF A FENCE CORNER. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 1 INCH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED PIEDMONT NO 2 1962.
REFERENCE MARK 3 IS 47 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF HIGHWAY 34, 21 FEET EAST OF A 10 INCH TWIN TRUNK OAK TREE, AND 2 FEET WEST OF A WITNESS POST. THE MONUMENT PROJECTS 4 INCHES AND THE DISK IS STAMPED PIEDMONT NO 3 1962.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 1 METERS.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.