Details for Benchmark: HC1005
N 37° 09.877 W 090° 41.361 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In WAYNE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- PIEDMONT BROWN SHOE CO TANK
- Marker Type:
- elevated tank
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1963 (VBM)
STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE TANK. IT IS A 4 LEGGED STEEL STRUCTURE PAINTED SILVER WITH THE LEGEND BROWN SHOE CO. ON THE NORTH SIDE. THE TANK IS LOCATED AT THE NORTH EDGE OF PIEDMONT AND IS OWNED AND OPERATED BY THE BROWN SHOE CO. THE OVERALL HEIGHT OF THE STRUCTURE IS 120 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.