Details for Benchmark: HE1054
N 37° 04.243 W 094° 35.082 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In JASPER county, MO View Original Datasheet
- JOPLIN RD DIST 2 HWY MARKER
- Marker Type:
- NGS Benchmark
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|01/01/1965 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1965 (JCC)
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED, HOWEVER THE DISTANCE AND DIRECTION DID NOT AGREE WITH THE 1935 DISTANCE AND DIRECTION. FOLLOWING IS A NEW COMPLETE DESCRIPTION.
THE STATION IS ABOUT 4 MILES WEST OF JOPLIN, MISSOURI, 3 MILES EAST OF GALENA, KANSAS AND 2 MILES EAST OF THE KANSAS-MISSOURI STATE LINE. THE STATION IS A 1 BY 1-1/2 FOOT CONCRETE HIGHWAY MARKER MONUMENT WHICH PROJECTS 4 FEET.
A TRAVERSE CONNECTION WAS MADE TO TRIANGULATION STATION LINDER, THE DISTANCE BEING 86.34 FEET OR (26.316) METERS NORTHWEST.
|06/21/1991 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1991 (RN)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.