Details for Benchmark: HH0574
N 37° 55.950 W 101° 32.767 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HAMILTON county, KS View Original Datasheet
- Q 32
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
AT KENDALL. AT KENDALL, HAMILTON COUNTY, 77 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILWAY STATION, AT MILEAGE 442.20, ABOUT 75 YARDS SOUTHEAST OF THE GEORGE E. GANO GRAIN ELEVATOR, 47 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AND 43 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A GRAVEL ROAD. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Q 32 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT THE RAILROAD STATION NO LONGER EXISTS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.