Details for Benchmark: HL0084
N 37° 07.367 W 106° 00.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CONEJOS county, CO View Original Datasheet
- J 32
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933
3.4 MI N FROM ANTONITO. ABOUT 3.4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE DENVER AND RIO GRANDE WESTERN RAILROAD FROM ANTONITO, CONEJOS COUNTY, ABOUT 3.6 MILES SOUTH OF ROMEO, ABOUT 30 FEET NORTH OF WOODEN BRIDGE 276.92, 62 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE TRACK, AT A DOUBLE 3- BY 5-FOOT CONCRETE HIGHWAY CULVERT, AND IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST HEAD WALL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 7829.974 J 32 1933.
|1/1/1984 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1984
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 5.2 KM (3.25 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 285 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN ANTONITO, IN THE SOUTH END OF THE EAST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A TWO CHANNEL CULVERT, 128.0 M (419.9 FT) NORTH OF RAILROAD MILEPOST 277, 7.8 M (25.6 FT) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 5.6 M (18.4 FT) NORTH OF THE EXTENDED CENTER OF A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING WEST. THE MARK IS 0.3 M BELOW THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.